If you would like to join the Tarner Community Project, please read all of our vacancies below.
Position: Trustee (1 post available)
Salary: Unremunerated voluntary position
Hours: The time commitment is around 5 hours a month
Contract: Up to two terms of four years each
Location: Flexible, meetings will normally be held bi-monthly in a location in central Brighton, 6-8pm
Tarner Community Project is a charity based in Tarner Park, Brighton, dedicated to supporting the local community and providing all year round out of school activities for children and clubs, sports and activities for young people. With OFSTED good accreditation, we offer a caring, inclusive, service. Healthy living and wellbeing is at the heart of everything we do with an emphasis on physical and outdoor activities. www.tarner.org.uk
We are now looking to appoint a new member to our Board of Trustees (Board). We are looking for someone with passion, energy, commitment, and vision to help reach out and make an impact on the lives of children and young people in our local community.
This is an exciting and challenging time for Tarner Community Project as we rise to the challenges of the coronavirus crisis and continue building towards the future where we can make a difference in the local community. The Charity is particularly tasked with supporting those experiencing multiple levels of deprivation.
Trustee- Roles & Responsibilities
- To ensure that TCP complies with its constitution, charity law and any other relevant legislation or regulations.
- To ensure that TCP pursues its objectives as defined in its constitution and that resources are only expended in pursuit of these objectives.
- To provide strategic direction to the organisation, such as setting overall policy, defining goals, and evaluating performance against agreed targets.
- To ensure the financial stability of TCP.
- To assist the manager to enable them to maximise their performance.
- As well as these responsibilities trustees may be asked to support/advise on an area of TCP where they have particular experience, knowledge or skills.
PLAY WORKER WANTED
We are recruiting for an experienced Play Worker or an individual with experience of working with children aged 4-11, preferably in an after school or childcare setting, to work on a permanent basis. Based in central Brighton, an understanding of play work and the principles of developing a creative, safe environment for children would be an advantage.
The ability to build strong connections with children from a broad range of backgrounds is necessary. You will need patience and empathy, to be able to work calmly with children from a broad range of backgrounds.
You will be pro-active, creative, have lots energy and a genuine passion to make a difference to the lives of children.
Application deadline: 30/04/22
Job Type: Permanent
Hours: 11.25 per week
Salary: £9.50 to £10 per hour dependant on experience
- Company pension
- Sick pay
- Childcare: 1 year (preferred)