Tarner Community Project. For over 24 years, we have offered a safe space of imagination, learning, advice, support and fun. The outbreak of COVID-19 has put the charity under threat. We rely on funding and the generosity of our supporters and the local community, so we can keep delivering all our essential services. If you want to get involved please contact us online or at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01273 679940.
Tarner Community Project is a charity based in the heart of the Tarner district, an area with complex and multiple deprivation needs. For over 24 years, we have offered a safe space of laughter, imagination, learning and fun – what childhood should be but so many are denied.
All year round our weekly offer includes:
- After school and holiday clubs – children age 4-11
- FREE childcare, a weekly food bank, advice and signposting for those in crisis
- All clubs, activities as services are totally FREE for young people and include:
- Weekly youth clubs coached sports and activities
- Detached street youth work across the city
- School holiday activities, trips, residentials and clubs
- 1:1 support
- Hot food at every session
- Two annual community events bringing the whole community together to celebrate the talents and creativity of local children and young people
- Community kitchen garden shared with other local charities and community groups
We are vital. Last year we delivered:
- Services for 100 children and young people every week
- 13,138 hot meals
- 1,800 hours of FREE childcare
- 120 families with food bank
- 1000 people attended our two community events
- 793 sessions – 17,000 session places.
We need to continue offering support at this critical time and beyond. The outbreak of COVID-19 means the future of the charity is uncertain.
Currently, we are offering a digital activity programme and confidential one to one support for young people. We are also creating a weekly newsletter for parents and carers packed with links to free activities, resources and important updates on advice on how to stay safe and keep children happy and occupied.
We need to be here in the future. With your help we can get through this challenging time. Thank you.